Friday 15 June 2012

No-Bake Cookies

I have miraculously managed to find a recipe that is perfectly suited to the likes of myself (the severely kitchen challenged) that still makes me look like ‘Mom of the Year’/’Baking Goddess’ in the eyes of my hubby and toddler.



A NO-BAKE… let me say that again: NO BAKE Chocolate Cookie recipe!


Yes please :)

This is exactly the type of solution required for those last-minute, frantic, I-forgot-it-was-my-kids-bake-day-at-school-tomorrow panic sessions.

AND, despite the massive amounts of sugar and butter (standard requirements for a decent tasting cookie I’m afraid), they also include Jungle Oats…..so that’s gotta be a good thing?

Right?


These have been tried and tested and are currently calling my name from the depths of my fridge (where I tried to hide them out of my general line of sight).




No-Bake Chocolate Cookies (Makes about 30 to 40 small cookies)

125ml Milk
125ml Cocoa
250g Butter
500ml Sugar
650ml Jungle Oats
250ml Coconut
Pinch of Salt
5ml Vanilla Essence

1.      Boil milk, butter, cocoa and sugar together for 5 minutes.
2.      Remove from stove.
3.      Quickly stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
4.      Spoon teaspoon-sized dollops into paper cups and allow to cool well.
5.      Store cookies in a container in the fridge until needed.


I suspect you  may even be able to add peanuts as well…


or half a cup of peanut butter?


Email me at kerryta@nedbank.co.za and I’ll send you the full Jungle Oats recipe book!

Happy NOT baking! J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment